March Madness Party Ideas
How’s your bracket coming along? Hopefully your team is still in the tourney and going strong! But no matter if you’re still in it, or just watching for fun, nothing is better than gathering a group of friends and watching tournament games together. To throw a March Madness basketball party, all it takes is some good food, a great place to watch, and a few basketball party decorations. Check out our party planning tips and start planning your March Madness celebration!
Basketball Party Decoration Ideas
You don’t need too many decorations for a basketball party, and they definitely shouldn’t be stuffy. Here are some suggestions:
- Focus on orange and black basketball colors as your color palate. You could also incorporate the colors of teams playing or your favorite team’s colors.
- Cover the tables with basketball-patterned tablecovers. You could decorate some eating tables with our Basketball Mini Cascade Centerpieces.
- Hang a couple Basketball cutouts on the wall, and perhaps a couple Basketball Deluxe Danglers from the ceiling, for an extra splash of decoration.
Basketball Party Food Ideas
When it comes to your party planning, focus more on the food! You’ll want a great spread of food that features a good mix of savory and sweet items. Focus on easy-to-eat finger foods that your guests can eat standing up or sitting on the couch. Serve all of the food on disposable basketball party supplies so cleanup is easy! Here are some popular game day food ideas:
- Salty snack foods like chips, pretzels, popcorn, and mixed nuts.
- Mini submarine sandwiches with a variety of toppings.
- Little bites like pizza rolls, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, and chicken wings.
- Cupcakes frosted to look like basketballs and a tray of cookies.
Basketball Party Activities
The game is the main event, so make sure you set up as much seating as you comfortably can. Set around lots of blankets and pillows so your guests can get comfortable. It might be a good idea to have some activities for kids planned, like craft projects and games, to keep them occupied during the game. You could also set around some games for adult guests who aren’t as interested in watching basketball.
Do you love to have guests over for March Madness? Share your tips and questions in the comments below.