Planning a Lion King Baby Shower
Today, Disney’s Lion King animated movie has become a celebrated baby shower theme. The beloved children’s movie, released in 1994, is a huge hit for kids and continues to grow in popularity for adults as the movie took to the Broadway stage! Symbolized as brave and protective animals, it’s no wonder why our Lion King baby shower decorations have become such a popular choice for hosts as well as moms-to-be. Guests will remember the amusing and enjoyable characters Pumbaa, Timon, Zazu, and of course Simba-the young king himself-as they celebrate the guest of honor and her new addition. One great thing about a Lion King baby shower is that it can be gender neutral, so it works perfectly for a baby girl, boy, or unknown gender baby.
Ideas and Tips for Your Lion King Baby Shower
- Serve Animal-themed Desserts – make or purchase animal-themed cupcakes or cookies using the characters in the movie. Betty Crocker has a great recipe for Jungle Animal Cupcakes, which look like lions, tigers, monkeys, and zebras. These are just perfect for a party in the Pride Lands!
- Add “Green” Accents- use ferns or house plants (fake or real) to create a jungle-theme indoors. Add plants that can give height and dimension to a buffet table, dessert bar, or drink station. Even adding green streamers across the ceiling and spreading our green agate balloons throughout the party will add to the natural, wild feeling of your party!
- Encourage Animal Print Attire – on the invitation, encourage shower guests to wear animal print – it will instantly add a fun vibe to the party atmosphere! Zebra and leopard prints are hot this season anyway, so we’re sure your friends will have something in their closet that’s perfect for this theme! If there are children attending your shower, make some cardboard animal masks for them to wear, or set the supplies out on a craft table for the kids to make their own during the shower.
- Use Tiki Torches – to continue the jungle theme outdoors, line the sidewalk that leads to your front door with lit tiki torches.
- Choose Colors from Nature – mix and match solid party decor in coordinating theme colors like Celery, Brown, Ivory, and Bermuda Blue.
- Gift Guests with Party Favors – as guests make their way out, hand them a Lion King Favor Bag filled with candies that echo the shower theme. Choose from our Jordan almonds, buttermints, and other candy baby shower favors. We have buttermints wrapped in animal print designs, or you can choose Jordan almonds or buttermints with solid wrappers in the colors that match the Lion King theme.
Check out the rest of our jungle baby shower decorations also, for a variety of coordinating accessories and other fun jungle themes.
Do you have any unique ideas for hosting Lion King Baby Shower? We’d love to hear your thoughts!