We know how it is: Every holiday introduces a new wave of toys to your house. If your kiddo has enough toys to stock the store’s toy aisle, it might be time to think outside the box and get creative when it comes to your child’s next birthday.
Today we’re going to share 10 creative, non-toy birthday present ideas for the kid who has it all:
- Magazine Subscription– This is the gift that keeps on giving all year long. A magazine that is fun and entertaining will not only spark a love for reading, but it will also be something that the birthday boy or girl looks forward to each month.
- Classes – Whether it’s piano, horseback riding, or art lessons, classes open up new worlds to children. Who knows, you might create a lifelong passion — or career — for the child!
- Hobby Supplies – Give the birthday kid the tools they need to explore a new hobby, such as knitting needles and yarn; watercolor paint, brushes, and paper; fishing tackle; or a model airplane kit.
- Memberships – It could be a membership to the zoo, aquarium, or museum. This is a gift that the whole family will enjoy!
- Tickets – Tickets to the movie theater, a concert, or sports event will create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Books – It’s important for the adults in a child’s life to encourage reading. Gift the birthday kid your favorite childhood book!
- A Day Out – Whether it’s a day at the batting cage, the amusement park, or the miniature golf course, your favorite kiddo will appreciate fun time spent with you more than any toy.
- Stationery – Get the birthday boy or girl a fun set of stationery and encourage writing to distant friends, family, or even a pen pal!
- Camera – It doesn’t have to be anything fancy! Kids love taking photos and will enjoy having a camera of their own. You could even consider giving the birthday boy or girl a disposable camera as a bit of a throwback to film days. They’ll get a kick out of it!
- Sponsor a Child in Their Name – Not only will you be helping a child in need, but you’ll be teaching the birthday boy or girl about the importance of charitable giving. Find a charity, like World Vision, that pairs you up with a child to sponsor. The birthday boy or girl will be able to communicate with the child they are sponsoring via letters, emails, and packages. It will open up the birthday boy or girl’s eyes to other parts of the world and cultures.